





Well, our little butter bean is almost 6 months old! I can't believe it. Ainsley is getting so big and her personality is really coming out. She's such a happy baby (for the most part) and really so easy and good. I mean, she has her moments but she is really such a sweet little thing. She gets more beautiful every day. We couldn't be more in love with her- or more proud.
She's rolling over all the time now- sometimes with a little help, sometimes without. She's also babbling up a storm and laughing all the time. It's the sweetest sound I've ever heard. Solids have been introduced (rice cereal first (it was okay), then moved on to green beans (loved them!), then she had a cold and we stopped for about a week as she just wasn't interested, then oatmeal cereal (it was okay), then green peas (yuck, Mommy and Daddy don't like them, but she does!) and last night we had some sweet potatoes (mixed reaction- she wasn't in the mood to eat much last night at all). We'll try them again tonight. I think she is going through some major growth spurts, some teething and some bouts of gas and constipation so she is eating sporadically right now. Some times are better and easier than others to feed her. Sometimes it's not fun at all for anyone!! But she's gaining weight right on track and is filling out and continues to grow taller (yay!) so we aren't worried about the fits of eating and not eating well.
We head to Breckenridge on Saturday through next Wednesday with friends from Dallas, David and Gené Patterson and their two little boys, Sam and Nate. I cannot wait- neither can Reggie. We need a real vacation! We are staying in a very cool cabin called The Cowboy Ski House- I will have pictures, don't worry! Then two and a half weeks after that we are taking Ainsley on her first plane ride to Houston then on to Galveston for 4 days with Reggie's family. I can't wait for that- BEACH! I need some warm weather and sand!
Also, big news! Another addition to our little family! A puppy!! Reggie wouldn't take no for an answer- he wanted a puppy NOW- so we got an Australian Cattle Dog-Blue Heeler (and maybe a little Border Collie mixed in) 8 week old puppy from the Rocky Mountain Cattle Dog Rescue. Her name is Bessie Mae and Reggie is working on getting her trained. She was the runt of the litter and was being pushed around and away from the food bowl by the other puppies so she is pretty thin and quite needy. She didn't have a mommy and just wants love and attention. Poor little thing. She's very sweet and just as cute as she can be. Ainsley isn't really all that interested in her right now, and Bessie just wants to lick her! So, yes, we have two babies in the house now!! Eeeesh...
Above are some recent pictures (very recent, last night) of Ainsley and some of Bessie Mae. I will add more later in the week.



1 comment:
You're right - she's beautiful! It sounds like you guys have lots of fun doing (and eating) new things.
-Monica
Post a Comment