Oh, my goodness, so sorry for the month-long delay in posting an Ainsley update! It's been a crazy month!
We all had a wonderful time in Breckenridge! The weather was lovely (despite a few rain showers- but even those were nice) and Ainsley had a ball on her first mountain trip. She was an angel, as usual. The house we stayed in, The Cowboy Ski House on Peak 7, was just incredible and we plan to go back again if possible in the winter and hopefully again next summer! Pictures shortly!
Ainsley is just growing so fast! She is sitting up, of course, but now can sit herself up on her own and does it over and over and over- all over the place! She is pulling 0n and playing with the bumpers in her crib, sticking her feet underneath them and through the bars (much to Mommy's dismay) and crawling around all over that crib before she finally falls asleep at night. She is very vocal now, no distinguishable words yet, but lots of babble! Ainsley has now had a taste of many different snack foods (thanks to Aunt Kelley and Meagan and Macy, who watched her last Sunday and Monday!) and has quite a thing for Ritz crackers and cheese puffs! She is growing like a weed and if her little chunky thighs get any chunkier, she won't be able to fit in her Bumbo seat! At 8 months old, I think she is close to 20 lbs already! We have another dr. appointment at 9 months (September 10th) so we'll see where she is then. She is healthy and happy (except for early evening- when I believe the teething is the worst and she is always so tired after her long day playing at Jesi's!) We don't have any teeth emerging yet but I can't imagine it's too far off. She doesn't seem to be hurting too much when she has teething episodes, compared to what I was expecting. I hope it continues that way for her sake! That little Toot is all over the place and I am pretty sure "pulling up" is going to commence very soon as well- she is very interested in the chairs and tables when we hold her up next to them. And she loves to stand up (with help of course)!
I can't believe it is August already! We are ready for Fall, though, and can't wait for football season! Reg's parents are coming to visit again in mid-September and we are planning a short mountain trip then and my parents will be here in late September as well! In addition, a good friend of mine in Dallas is getting married on Halloween so hopefully I will be able to get down there to attend the festivities and hopefully bring Ainsley- we shall see. We need to visit Dallas soon though, I want to introduce Ainsley to her Aunties there! (Melissa, Jen, Heather, Carol, Penny- all my friends but Ainsley's "Aunties"!)
Well, that's the deal for now. Just busy, busy, busy- as everyone is. As mentioned, pictures to come soon. Will probably post them tonight or tomorrow morning!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment