Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2 Months Old!































































Well, I seem to be posting at two week intervals...I hope to make more frequent posts starting in the near future.

The last two weeks have been quite busy. Ainsley got her first cold last week, thanks to Daddy, and Mommy got it worse than both of them! I am still fighting it (terrible cough and congestion, some fever) but Ainsley seems to be on the road to recovery- just a few sniffles, a few coughs and a little congestion hanging around. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't develop an ear infection- which seems to follow colds in infants per her pediatrician. Daddy is fine now- his didn't take a turn for the worse like mine did- but that always happens to me when I get a cold. Anyway, I'll live, we're just concerned about the little one.

AND, on top of that mess, Ainsley got her 2 month immunizations yesterday! Oh, it was not fun. One shot in each leg...poor thing. Her face turned BEAT red when they administered the first one and she held her breath then started wailing- Mommy almost did too. She really did pretty well though; cried until we got to the waiting room then just a few whimpers in the car then fell fast asleep. There was some fussiness and a little crying throughout the day but apparently her legs didn't start hurting (as the doc said they might) and she never had any fever (as the doc said she might). So, she was a trooper. Reggie and I felt terrible for her though and handled her with tender loving care all day (not like we don't do that all day, every day anyway!! She is already s-p-o-i-l-e-d...but that's okay.) So, round one of shots down...more to come! Yuck.

Our big girl is sleeping so well at night. Not sleeping through the night entirely yet but usually when we put her down at bedtime she'll sleep for at least 5-6 hours (which means she wakes up at around 2-3am) then she will generally sleep for 4 hours after that. Those 4 hours tend to be a little restless but she does sleep and doesn't cry. So, we really can't complain about that! Hopefully a full night's sleep for both Ainsley and Mommy and Daddy is just around the corner!

MeMe comes this weekend and will stay through next week. Ainsley can't wait to see her! It will be nice to have her here. Hopefully if I can get over this cold (and Ainsley is all well too) Reggie and I plan to go out with Kelley and Patrick (Reg's sister and husband) for Valentines Day on Saturday. MeMe agreed to watch all the kiddos. We'll see how that pans out. If not, no biggy- don't want to get anyone else sick or cause the baby (or me) to get any worse.

Only 5 and a half weeks before I head back to work. Anxiety is starting to set in...trying not to think about it too much- but it's hard. I know many of you can relate. :(

(Yes, I know there is a lot of pink and brown in the pictures above. Ainsley has many pink and brown onesies and outfits. I love pink and brown and she just happens to look BEAUTIFUL in those colors!!) I promise, she has other clothes in different colors! These were almost all taken on the same two or three days! :)

No comments: