Well, we can't believe our little one is over 1 and a half months old!! Ainsley is just the best baby ever! She is getting chubby and filling out- and getting very long! A bunch of her newborn onesies won't even fit anymore so we are sending them to Aunt Jenny (as she is being induced today- another baby girl!) Who would have thought we'd be giving away some of her clothes before 2 months because she is getting too big??!! Weird. She is now on formula as Mommy got an infection (mastitis) and decided to quit the breastfeeding for both Ainsley and Mommy's sake- it was becoming extremely stressful for the both of us. She loves her formula though and is gaining so much weight- it looks like she gets a little chunkier every day! We are settling into a nice schedule although we do get off track sometimes. But all in all, Mommy, Daddy and Ainsley are all sleeping a bit better and longer at night. I am enjoying my time off with her and am really not looking forward to the first day I drop her at the sitter's (we found a great caregiver- not a day care, thank goodness). I am still dreading it, though, and will be so sad. Best not to think about it now though...it's a few months away. :(
MeMe and PawPaw (Reg's parents) are coming to visit again in mid-February and GG and Papa Ron (my parents) are coming in April- probably over Easter. Ainsley is going to have many visitors in the months to come. Yay!! Everyone wants to see the baby...and my how she has changed! They'll be surprised!
It's cold here this week (I think it's 4 degrees out right now) and it snowed quite a bit yesterday and overnight. We were nice and toasty inside though! I think we may venture out to my office tomorrow or Thursday so my co-workers can get a gander at our sweet girl.
I turn 39 on Saturday...whoa, that sounds really old. Yikes. Reggie's sister Kelley's birthday is Friday- we are exactly the same age- one day apart. She is going to come over with the girls (Meagan and Macy) on Friday night and watch the baby (so very nice of her!) while Reggie and I go "celebrate" my turning 39- if you can call it celebrating! Really I guess we are celebrating that I am free to have a few drinks and am not on a schedule now that I am not breastfeeding!
Baby is stirring in her bassinet upstairs...gotta go. We are doing great!! Enjoy the pictures!!



No comments:
Post a Comment