Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Update Update Update!!!

Sorry it's been so long since I have posted an update- time has been flying by and I just haven't been on the ball! Halloween is this weekend- can you believe it?? I can't. And , I am going to miss Ainsley's first Halloween as I have Heather's wedding in Dallas. Since it's such a quick trip I opted not to take Ainsley- although I really wanted to. But, she will be happier seeing all the trick or treater's at Aunt Kelley's with MeMe (who is coming in for the weekend) and Daddy and playing with Meagan and Macy. I have instructed Daddy and MeMe to take tons of pictures so I can see all the fun Ainsley had. I keep telling myself she won't remember this Halloween and won't even know I am not there but I still hate that I am going to miss it. But, I am very happy to be going to Dallas, seeing all my friends and attending White's wedding! Yay!

Ainsley visited her first Pumpkin Patch two weekends ago- and it was hot out! I think she was wondering where the heck we were and what all those big orange blobs were, but she seemed to enjoy riding in her wagon and we took some sweet pictures (see above).

Ainsley is all over the place!! She is quick as lightning and keeps us running! She loves the stairs and is very good at climbing them- so, of course, we have put up the gates! But we do let her climb once in awhile with close supervision. She still loves her Pooh bear, Play House, and all her musical toys and is very curious about her new "big girl" car seat that has been sitting in the middle of the play room floor for the past month. She crawls up into it and gnaws on the straps and "pats" it- it's really funny. I know she won't be that crazy about it once she is strapped in it! Which will be pretty soon as she is coming out the ends of the infant carrier and mommy can barely lift her in it! My arms sure have gotten a workout lately though. Got some muscles! She is pulling up (has been for over a month) and moving around things and has stood unassisted for a few seconds at a time quite a few times. I think her first steps are right around the corner. She does really well "stepping" when we help her walk.

No real first words yet. Well, DaDa is the "word" of choice and Ainsley repeats it nonstop. And with that, she wants Daddy all the time for the past month or so. She does fine when I am the only one in the house or within eyesight, but once Daddy comes into the room, forget it. It's all about him. Still makes me sad at times! But if I take her from him she only cries for a few seconds and then she's focused on Mommy or something else. She does say MaMa once in a while and nana, baba, etc. We've heard a few outbursts that sound like "hi" or "no no" but nothing much else but squeals, shrieks and babbles- but lots of those!!!

Tomorrow evening Ainsley gets her seasonal flu shot (late, I know, we had to wait for our pediatric office to get more in and schedule actual flu shot clinics). We are still unsure about the H1N1 vaccine. We'll see what happens when it is actually available at her doctor's office. We already had one scare a few weeks ago as the sitter's baby boy tested positive for the swine flu- but never developed any symptoms and neither did Ainsley or any of the other kids or parents. Thank goodness. Just keeping our fingers crossed we all stay healthy.

Ainsley will be 11 months old in two weeks!! Almost a year old!! Such a big girl. Wow, where has the time gone? And then it will be Christmas again! Can't wait to take her to see Santa- hope she isn't scared of him!

Well, there's the scoop for now. I'll try not to wait another two months to post an update!

No comments: