Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 3, 2008

4 Month appointment...

Yesterday I had my 4 month appointment and all is moving along perfectly. We received our pre-screen test results (testing for Down's Syndrome and TaySach's disease) a few weeks ago and there is no risk for those abnormalities. (Yay!...sigh of relief.) I had blood drawn for one more test- for neural tube defects- yesterday and those results should be back within the next week or so. Pending those results- which we expect to be good- we will decide on having the amniocentesis (drawing amniotic fluid to test for a wide range of abnormalities- for women 35 and over). At this point, we are thinking no, we won't do it. It's invasive and I'd rather not subject the baby to anything harmful if it's not completely, absolutely necessary, of course. Mommy Biggest has gained 8 lbs total so far- 3 in the last month but- mostly in the tummy area. I look like I am smuggling a little basketball in there! We will be able to find out the sex at 22 weeks (week of August 11th)-which is just waaay too long for me to wait! I want to know what this little one is!!

No comments: