Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Anniversary Trip to Telluride





Telluride was wonderful and, as you can see from the pictures above and below, very picturesque and beautiful. Like a postcard really. We really enjoyed ourselves apart from the daily headaches I encountered and not being able to breathe well due to the elevation (it's like 3000 feet higher than Denver). I also got very tired very easily. Otherwise the weather was beautiful- around 50 at night (maybe a bit cooler) and although it got a bit warm during the day (in the 80's, I believe) it always cooled off in the late afternoon, with the clouds rolling in and the intermittent thunderstorms in the early evening. It was really nice. The picture of the two of us above is at Allred's, a very nice restaurant at the top of the gondola. We went there Saturday night for our anniversary dinner- it was fabulous- and we had the best seat in the house with the best view. We actually stayed in the mountain village above the town (the ski village) and the first picture is of the view from our patio. Gorgeous! The waterfall picture below is one Reggie took on his bike trip through the town on Saturday while I was at the spa. He went part-way up the mountains at the back end of town and checked out the falls there. There is only one way in and out of Telluride and the falls are at the other end. He said it was really awesome up there. The one of me below (it's a bit dark) is Big Momma at one of the most popular bars in Telluride, Last Dollar Saloon. (Obviously before the crowd showed up- the old folk (us) were in bed by 9:45pm each night. Yikes.) Anyway, we had a great time and actually are trying to figure out how we can move there! (It ain't cheap to live there, let me tell ya.)





I have my 5 month doctor appointment on Wednesday so I will give a baby update later in the week as well as another Belly Shot. My belly is getting bigger by the day- seriously. It's very odd. We find out the sex of the baby in 3 weeks- I can't believe it. Reggie and I are beside ourselves with wonder of what we are having! We are both very anxious! I still haven't felt the baby move- which worries me- but I do hear it can be normal not to feel it until later when it's your first pregnancy. I think about it all the time and it's making me a bit nervous. I will talk with the doc about it Wednesday, of course. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Oliver and Nicole said...

Hey Alicia! I didn't feel Lydia move until week 23 or something. Not to worry! The baby just needs to get bigger. The Dr. will likely SEE the baby moving at your ultrasound in a few weeks, regardless of whether or not you feel it yet. And as far as WHAT you're having? When I was pregnant I had a dream that we had a BIRD. It was a running joke for a long time. Whatever the gender of your little one, a super cute baby is coming!

The Patterson Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in Telluride - just looking at the pictures makes it feel a few degrees cooler here...I wish. Loved what Nicole said about dreaming she was having a bird - I constantly dreamed I was having a puppy - just one, though. Ha!