Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

36 Weeks

My doctor visit yesterday went well and everything is A-OK...but no definite indication that this little girl might come early. (I tried to get an answer on this from Dr. Ashbeck but she laughed and said if only she had a crystal ball.) The baby is definitely head down, facing my back- which is where she needs to be, and is measuring perfectly for 36 weeks. She's also very low, per the doctor (I felt that she was), which is good (except she is pushing on my bladder- fun!). Next week, week 37, I am considered full-term so whenever she wants to put in an appearance after that, it's all good. As of yesterday I have gained a total of about 32 pounds (which scares the s*&% out of me) and I will more than likely gain a few more before she arrives. (I am just trying not to think about that fact.) All of the symptoms I have right now are apparently normal although not particularly fun or comfortable. Let's just say I am very UNcomfortable...I am ready for this part to be over! But, it's all worth it and we cannot wait to hold our baby girl. (BTW, we have decided on a name but we aren't telling anyone who doesn't already know it until she is born.) We are just so grateful that everything is going so well.

We have our last Childbirth Preparation class tonight and then we'll be experts...HA HA HA. Not. But at least we know basically what to expect and are more prepared for any complications that may arise during birth. We also took the Infant Care and Baby Safe classes this past weekend and they were informative and helpful as well. Definitely worth attending. So we are feeling a little more prepared all the way around. Most of it is common sense and instinct but it's good to have some things spelled out for you.

So, now the waiting game...the nursery is finished, the classes are taken, all the gear is purchased and put together (although we do need batteries for a few things- Reggie??), the clothes are washed and hung and folded, the hospital bag is packed (well, almost)...now all we need are the labor pains to begin! Not long now though...

Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week? Eeesh. We are putting our Christmas tree and decorations up next week too. I don't think I'll be able to do it after that and I have to have Christmas decorations up. Although the baby won't remember any of it- I will! It's my favorite time of the year- and will be even more so once baby arrives.

1 comment:

mom2_3cuties said...

I just happened to hit next blog, and yours popped up. As I was reading, it reminded me of when I took birthing classes for my first. Don't get your hopes up for baby coming early. I was totally disappointed when the midwife told me any day at 37 weeks, and Nathaniel did not show up until after 41 weeks. Good luck