Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bi-Weekly Appointment- 34 weeks

Just returned from my 34 week doctor visit and all is well. The baby is measuring exactly where she should be for 34 weeks and her heartbeat is strong (152). It was a quick appointment this time and nothing really new to note. The doc did say there was no reason to think she would arrive early as all of my discomforts are normal (not sleeping well, trouble breathing at times, swelling and some numbness/tingling in my hands/fingers, a little swelling in my ankles/feet) and I have not had any cramping or bleeding (other than that episode a few weeks ago which we now think can be attributed to extreme gas pain). Also, the baby is moving around regularly with no noticeable changes or decline in her movement- which is excellent. Doc said that with first babies there is more of a tendency for them to be late rather than early. (Not particularly what I wanted to hear.) I told the doc I was definitely ready for her to arrive- sooner rather than later as long as she is healthy and fully-developed. I really am! I know Reggie is too.

We are loving the house and the weather here is (finally) starting to get cold. Yippee! The cold air helps with the swelling and also keeps me from sweating (I mean glowing??) so much. I am always hot lately! So I welcome the cold weather...let it snow!!!

That reminds me...my parents are coming up from December 21st through the 28th. Reggie's parents will be here as well. Should be a nice Christmas with everyone here- although quite hectic with the new baby and all that entails. But we are really looking forward to December for many reasons!!

No comments: