Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 5, 2008

And the 38 Week update is...

...well, I'm not in labor yet. That's the update...

Ugh. To expand on that, we are both doing great- except I can barely walk (or get myself out of a chair or bed) as of early yesterday morning. It started with my back seizing up a few times after midnight on Wednesday night (like someone was squeezing my back muscles together) and at the same time, the upper insides of my thighs, my hips and my pelvic region started aching like I had done about 1000 squats (with weights) or something. (Add all this to the mounds of snow that fell all day and the walking was not easy for me in the least yesterday!) Luckily we had our appointment in the early afternoon so we could get an update on what was really going on in there in real time. Apparently she is REALLY, REALLY LOW (Dr. Ashbeck, was amazed at how low she was) and is pushing my narrow hips open- which is causing the pain. Her heartbeat is great (140) and my blood pressure is still really good- and low. But my feet, ankle, hand and finger swelling has not eased any- and my hands are still killing me due to the extra fluid and circulation issues. And there is no dilation as of yet. Could be any time and those of you who know me well know that I like to plan and be in control and this is killing me! Dr. Ashbeck does not want to induce- she said that since we are both doing well and everything looks good she'd like to see the baby come on her own (I knew she would say that) and that's fine...but darn. Oh well. Still we wait...I just hope I am able to walk by the time we need to get to the hospital!

1 comment:

The Kuhlmans said...

I can't belive it's almost time for your baby to come! Does it seem like 9 months? We're all thinking about you and wishing you the best. Can't wait to see pics of your baby girl.
-Monica