Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 26, 2008

Baby Girl Progress

We had our 7 month appointment yesterday and everything looks great! I actually had a list of like 12 things to ask the doctor as I am getting a little bit nervous about the delivery, etc. It was a doctor I hadn't seen before (I go to a group of 8 OB/GYNs and I am supposed to see each one at least once before the baby is born- because they don't know who will be on call when I go into labor obviously and want to at least have had some contact) and I think by the 6th question she was like "Okay, let's move it along, please." But she was nice, helpful and very informative and I think I got all the answers I need at this point. The baby's heartbeat was 134- she was very calm while we were in there- maybe she was taking a nap. The doc said her size was good and that I am gaining weight at a good rate- but I did gain 6 lbs in the last month. Eeesh. I couldn't believe it. And I still have 3 months (give or take) to go!!! Anyway, everything is going wonderfully and there are no issues. Such a relief each time I hear that!

Reggie is supervising the furniture movers as I type this- and the carpet cleaner is at the new house right now as well. We moved pretty much everything other than the furniture all week ourselves- including my clothes and shoes- which, if you know me, was a task in itself!! The house is really a mess right now and I am assuming it will be worse when I get back from Dallas on Sunday evening. I will have my work cut out for me with the organizing and decorating!! I am refinishing and staining some wooden pieces as well next week as long as the weather cooperates. I hope to have the house whipped into shape within the next week or two. I have to take it slow though; I need my rest and I think I have worked myself a bit too hard this week.

By the way, the paint in the baby's room is ADORABLE. Reggie did such a great job. I am going to do the trim next week- if I can get to it. The crib and bedding should be in very soon too. Yay!!!

As I mentioned I am heading to Dallas again this weekend. I fly out this afternoon and tomorrow my mom and I drive to Palestine for a family baby shower given by Reggie's aunts. Honestly I am pretty exhausted but I think it will be a relaxing weekend for the most part. I am having dinner with some friends tonight and tomorrow night, which will be nice. Then it's back home on Sunday late afternoon. Busy, busy, busy...

I know, photos...I am working on it. I do have some to post! Next week!

No comments: