Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!!

Hello all! Last Thursday we had our 6 month check up and all is well. I have gained 4 more pounds- right on target-and the baby is doing fine. Her heartrate was 150- which seems so fast when you hear it but is totally normal. I think she's starting her own kickboxing class in there! I am feeling her move around all the time now and Reggie has even finally felt some of her kicks and punches. This morning I am pretty sure I felt her hiccup-ing for the first time...very strange feeling- like a muscle spasm in your eye or thigh...but in your belly! It was really sweet although it did wake me up from a very sound sleep! On Thursday I had the glucose screening for gestational diabetes risk and we are waiting to hear back about that. I do have a history of diabetes in my family (my father and my grandma- his mother) so I have always worried that I might be at risk with pregnancy. But I do not have any of the other factors that can cause it so we are thinking positively. All in all, everything is progressing normally.

We went up to Fort Collins (such a great town) on Saturday and stopped in this adorable little second-hand baby store called Harmony Kids. They had the BEST stuff for such great prices!! My friend Catherine Lee (or some of you from Komen know her as Catherine Liles) recommended we go up there and check it out. I am so glad she did! We got some of the most precious things for our baby girl. Then we came back through Boulder and did a little winter coat shopping for Reggie at this great ski shop and, to our surprise, found a brand new Cantina Laredo (awesome Tex Mex restaurant we used to go to all the time in Dallas, for those of you who don't know) in one of the new shopping centers there. We were in Heaven. It was a good day!!

We close on our house this Friday and we couldn't be more excited. I am starting the packing process today-ugh. Didn't I just do this about 8 months ago, back in January?? And then again about 10 months before that?? I am over the packing and am ready to stay in one place for awhile. We start moving into the house on September 15th.

So, anyway, the craziness continues...close on the house this Friday...20 year reunion in Dallas in two weeks...start moving the day after we get back from that (paint the nursery, restain the hardwoods, work on the carpet situation, etc.)...family baby shower in Palestine two weeks after that...then it will almost be October!! I can't believe it. Our precious little girl will be here before you know it...

No comments: